CPACC Frequently Asked Questions
When and where will the exam be offered?
- Winter: Applications and payments accepted starting November 27, 2017. Deadline to apply and submit payment vary based on exam location. | Exams can be taken: January 8 - February 2, 2018
For those who do not use assistive technology or require an accommodation, you can view a list of Kryterion Test Center locations at the following link: http://www.kryteriononline.com/Locate-Test-Center.
What are certificants saying about CPACC?Survey feedback and testimonials from certificants.
What if I can’t make the date the exam is being offered?
How do I prepare for the exam?The IAAP Certification Committee has developed a number of options to help you prepare for the exam. They include a certification content outline that lists the topics you’ll be tested on, and the percentages at which those topics will be covered on the exam. A Body of Knowledge document is provided which outlines the knowledge and skills expected of candidates.
These options also include training through our Approved Certification Preparation Providers or you can purchase IAAP webinar bundles that cover specific topics you may need to learn more about prior to the exam.
How is the exam structured?The CPACC Exam is 100 multiple-choice questions with four (4) possible responses. Each set of responses has one correct answer, one distractor that is almost correct, and two incorrect responses. Responses are selected by radio-button.
How long is the exam?The IAAP Exam is structured to be completed in two (2) hours unless an accommodation for additional time is requested.
How much does it cost to take the exam?The CPACC exam is offered for $325 for IAAP members and $425 for non-members. The IAAP Developing and Emerging Economies rate is $150. If you qualify for this rate, please contact email@example.com to receive your assistive technology exam discounted payment link or a coupon code for Kryterion Test Centers (non-AT) registration. All prices are in USD.
IAAP Membership and Certification applicant qualifications for Emerging & Developing Economies:
- Must be a citizen of a country on the Qualifying Country List (does not hold dual citizenship with a country that Is not on the list) AND is employed and residing in a country that is on the Qualifying Country list.
- Someone who is a citizen of a country on the Qualifying Country List (no dual citizenship) and going to school in a country that is not on the list could become a member under the student rate (discounted) and could gain their certification under the Emerging & Developing Country rate.
Retaking an ExamIndividuals who are not successful the first time taking the CPACC exam are eligible to retake the exam at a reduced rate if they retake within one year of the date of the original exam.
CPACC retake exam fees:
Retake CPACC Exam - IAAP Member - $195
Retake CPACC Exam - Non-Member - $255
Retake CPACC Exam - Emerging and Developing Economies - $90
How do I register?Each candidate must complete an application to verify your eligibility for the CPACC certification. Applications can be found on our apply to take a certification exam page. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadlines vary depending upon the location selected. See deadline dates for each location on the Certification home page.
All applications will be reviewed and verified by the IAAP Certification Management Team. Eligible candidates will receive a confirmation letter with further instructions regarding registration and payment for your exam. Please allow 3-5 days processing time after submitting your application.
How is the CPACC Exam scored?
The CPACC Exam is a pass/fail exam. There is not a set percentage score or number of questions correct set for the exam. Each exam test window is evaluated as a group. IAAP does not distribute raw scores. All CPACC exam evaluations are provided by a third-party who are exam psychometric professionals.
What kind of information will I receive when I get my exam results?
The CPACC Exam is a pass/fail score not a flat rate score exam. Our psychometric exam partners evaluate each exam cohort on the responses in each exam window. So our results are based on the group experience statistics. This methodology requires us to send the entire collective set of responses in together as a group for evaluation.
This scoring practice is a recognized standard practice in certification examination evaluations. Our exam partners evaluate the set of responses and statistically evaluate the pass rate for each group.
• A pass/fail result score is generated based on your overall performance on the examination as part of the cohort from you exam window.
• IAAP does not issue percentage scores.
• IAAP does not provide specific responses indicating correct or incorrect.
When will I get my results?Exam results will be sent by email to candidates within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the close of the testing window.
Is the exam offered globally?The exam is available anywhere in the world via a Kryterion testing center or with a prearranged proctor to oversee the exam administration.
What is the official language of the exam?The exam and preparation materials are currently offered in English.
I’ve registered for the certification exam but need to cancel. What is your cancellation policy?
The IAAP Certification Team must receive all requests for a cancellation/refund in writing, no less than four business days prior to the scheduled examination date and time.
- You may email a request for a refund to the IAAP Certification team at email@example.com.
- Requests for cancellations/refunds may be made only by the exam candidate.
- Refunds will be issued less a $65 processing fee.
Failure to keep an appointment or canceling an appointment without the appropriate notice (four business days prior to the scheduled appointment) will result in forfeiture of all applicable exam fees.
I would like to change my scheduled appointment within the current exam window. What should I do?
If you have registered for an IAAP Exam and would like to change your appointment, please submit your request in writing to the IAAP Certification team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change requests within an exam window must be received more than four business days prior to your current exam appointment and more than one week in advance of your anticipated new exam administration. Requests that meet this criteria will not be charged a change fee.
- Change requests received less than four business days prior to your current exam appointment will incur a $150 change fee. This expense must be paid more than one week in advance of your anticipated new exam administration.
I’ve registered for the exam but would like to take it in a different exam window. How do I do that?
Requests for transferring an examination appointment to a different testing cycle must be submitted to the IAAP Certification team in writing at email@example.com.
- Transfer requests to a different testing window received at least four business days prior to the originally scheduled exam administration are subject to a $50 transfer fee.
- Exam transfer requests received less than four business days will incur a $150 fee.
- You will not receive a refund of your registration fees. These funds will be applied to your preferred exam window.
- You will receive payment instructions from IAAP for to pay your transfer fee.
- Upon payment of the transfer fee, your registration fees will be considered complete for your preferred exam window.
- A voucher will be provided to Kryterion Test takers for their online registration when the future exam window opens..
- Transfers are eligible within one year of your original registration date.
What if I use assistive technology or need to request an accommodation to take the exam?IAAP is committed to offering an accessible test-taking environment. Please indicate any accommodation requests or use of assistive technology you have on the CPACC accommodations and assistive technology application form. You will be contacted by an IAAP Certification Team member to discuss your request and review the solution with you. Examples of accommodation requests and assistive technology are in the list below. You should bring your own internet capable device and any assistive technology you will utilize.
- Screen reader
- Screen magnification
- Additional Time
- Braille exam form
- Large print paper exam form
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Service Animal
- In-person reader
- Assistive Reading Device
- Assistive Listening Device
- Request for in-person privately proctored exam
Who Should Take the Professional Level Examination?The Professional-level credential is intended for accessibility professionals, for those who manage accessibility outcomes, and for anyone who plays a key role in ensuring that the digital and physical worlds are accessible to people with disabilities including:
- Accessibility professionals in any field (e.g. web design, software engineering, hardware engineering, consumer and industrial product design, transportation, architecture and the built environment, educational accommodations, etc.), whose job requires in-depth accessibility expertise. Accessibility professionals should also consider IAAP technical-level certification, if available for their area of expertise.*
- Project, program, or portfolio managers and executive leaders overseeing initiatives or organizations that focus on accessibility, or which include accessibility as a key component.
- Anyone whose job requires accessibility awareness or competence
- technology professionals in diverse specializations
- architects and urban planners
- international development professionals
- disability rights activists
- lawmakers and legal counsel
- media producers
- recreation and hospitality providers
- teachers and professors
- health care providers
- emergency response coordinators
- salespeople and support staff at accessibility consulting companies
Who can I ask if I have questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-894-8683 with any questions on the certification process.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.