Maintaining CPACC Certification
IAAP certification is valid for 3 years. Every three years, certificants will be required to:
- Complete 45 hours of continuing education credits, a portion of which must be offered or approved by IAAP
- Submit an application for certification renewal.
As technologies and professional expectations evolve, these renewal requirements are subject to change.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)The IAAP will offer continuing education units (CEUs) for classes, workshops, webcasts, conference attendance, and other similar IAAP-sponsored activities. The IAAP will implement a process to allow other organizations or individuals to offer IAAP-approved continuing education credits for similar career-enhancing educational opportunities.
Types of Activities that May Qualify for Continuing Education Credits:
- Attending classes, workshops, webinars, and other educational events about accessibility
- Preparing or presenting educational materials about accessibility
- Publishing articles, books, blogs, or other publications about accessibility
- Mentoring others in accessibility
- Speaking engagements at IAAP or other approved educational event
- Volunteer service with IAAP
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.