Strategic Leader in Accessibility Webinar Series
Strategic Leader in Accessibility 4-part Webinar Series
IAAP and its subject matter expert taskforce continues to explore resources and a potential certification for a Strategic Leader in Accessibility (SLiA). Through their combined efforts, a Job Task Analysis was completed to establish the domains and subdomains of a dedicated Body of Knowledge. An IAAP-member Community of Practice has been established to assist the team in developing details through live discussions as we continue to explore the topics and build out the Body of Knowledge.
IAAP has planned out a 4-part webinar series as leading experts in various global regions continue the discussion. Join us beginning January 14, 2021 as we continue to explore the responsibilities and role of the Strategic Leader in Accessibility.
This series is intended for both emerging and existing leaders in accessibility, those who champion inclusive access throughout their organization, and work to influence change for staff, clients, and external stakeholders.
Session I: Strategic Accessibility LeadershipWebinar Date: January 14, 2021
Webinar Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST | 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm GMT
Presenter(s): Caroline Casey, Valuable 500 and Neil Milliken, Atos
Engaging the C-suite to drive accessibility:
- Making sure that accessibility has its place at the board room table
- Influence board/senior executives to recognize the business value of accessibility
- Champion accessibility as a core value to internal and external audiences
- What is the role of top management in defining and managing the organizational strategic accessibility plan for all aspects of the employee and customer experience
- Why KPIs matter - how can any organizational strategic accessibility plan be measured for its efficiency
Session II: Partnership ExcellenceWebinar Date: January 21, 2021
Webinar Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am EST | 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm GMT
Presenter(s): Kate Nash, Purple Space and David Caldwell, UK Home Office
Kate and David will be exploring the role of disability staff networks in building partnership excellence within an organisation. As part of this conversation they'll touch on:
- How accessibility leaders can support the development of disability staff networks
- The role disability staff networks play in developing a culture of accessibility awareness
- How disability network leaders can be vital support and allies for accessibility leaders
- How accessibility leaders can leverage the lived experience of disabled staff network members to drive accessibility across their organisations
Session III: Accessibility ExpertiseWebinar Date: January 28, 2021
Webinar Time: 5:00 am – 6:00 am EST | 10:00 am – 11:00 am GMT | 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm IST (India)
Presenter(s): Subhash Chandra Vashishth, Svayam and Jodie Greer, Be #PeopleSmart Ltd.
Enabling your organisation to succeed. Subhash and Jodie will be sharing their own experiences in both the built environment and in the world of technology, to enable organisations to provide reasonable adjustments or accommodations, meet their legal accountabilities and ensure all those responsible for delivery have the required skills, understand the value and have the ability to deliver accessibility best practice.
- Hear about how accessibility is acting as a driver for the global economy, how to set your organisation up for long term success and why settling for ‘good enough’ does not add value
- Sponsor and monitor the implementation and continuity of an organizational workplace adjustments process
- Ensure organizational accessibility standards, requirements, policies, and procedures are developed, communicated, and maintained for the digital and built environments and people interactions
- Provide awareness, education, and training on how to apply the accessibility standards, requirements, policies, and procedures for the digital and built environments and people interactions
- Educate the organization on accessibility legislation and regulations in all operating countries
Session IV: Resource EngagementWebinar Date: February 4, 2021
Webinar Time: 8:00 am – 9:00 am EST | 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm GMT | 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm MSK (Moscow)
Presenter(s): Anatoliy Popko, INTEGRATSIYA, Moscow, and Daniel Frank, Wells Fargo
Accessible by default. When planning and gathering resources for an accessibility program, we need to examine what sort of resources we need, where they should be located in the organization, and what function they should or should not serve. In this wide ranging Q&A session, Anatoliy and Daniel will offer a practical approach to resource analysis, allocation, and treatment derived from financial sector background:
- People: quantity and involvement - maximize? minimize? formalize?
- Process: hand-crafted masterpiece or assembly line?
- Documentation: "Accessibility" report section - illuminate or eliminate?
- Automation: "To think or not to think?"
- Key question: Centralized vs. Distributed Resources — let's explore the field and strike the right balance together
Webinar Series Includes:
- Access to 4-part live webinar series
- Access to IAAP’s Strategic Leader in Accessibility Community of Practice (members only)
- Access to webinar series Member Connections community to engage SME’s (members only)
- Access to post-webinar archived webinars for employees
IAAP is pleased to be able to offer this series free of charge. Registration is required and includes access to all 4 webinars in the series.Register Now
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenters and program content are subject to change based on participants and presenters feedback before and during the series.
Special webinar series and/or programs may not be included in the general webinar archive library.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
The Educational Training Database is a searchable global resource database which provides a centralized place for accessibility professionals and others to locate and access educational-related instructional materials related to accessibility.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!