Exam Registration Applications and Dates
The first step toward earning your IAAP credentials is knowing you have the experience and knowledge to help you in your exam preparation.
- You should submit your application after you know you can comfortably explain both the technical implications and the people-based impact of the learning objectives for the credential
- You should understand the terms of agreement in an IAAP Exam Application before submitting your application
- You should submit your application for the exam schedule dates when you plan to take the exam
- You should be prepared to pay for your exam or arrange an invoice when you submit your application
What’s on an IAAP Exam Application?
- 2020 Sept-Oct: September 14 - October 31 (dates extended, no price increases - Aug 24, 2020 update)
- General applications will be available August 25 until October 24.
- Hosted Event Exams:
- October 20 9 am, Ljungby, Sweden at CONSID Offices
- October 22 10 am, Stockholm, Sweden at Funa Offfices
- 2020 Nov-Dec: November 9 - December 11
- General applications will be available October 28 until December 4.
- 2021 Jan-Feb: January 18 - February 26, 2021 (price increases begin)
- General applications will be available December 28 until February 19.
- 2021 Mar-Apr: March 22 - April 23, 2021
- General applications will be available March 1 until April 16.
- 2021 May-Jun: May 17 - June 18, 2021
- General applications will be available April 26 until June 11.
- 2021 Jul-Aug: July 12 - August 13, 2021
- General applications will be available June 28 until August 6.
- 2021 Sept-Oct: September 6 - October 15, 2021
- General applications will be available August 20 until October 8.
- 2021 Nov-Dec: November 8 - December 10, 2021
- General applications will be available October 25 until December 3.
- Previous 2020 Sessions
- 2020 Jan-Feb: January 13 - February 24
- 2020 Mar-Apr: March 9 - April 10
- 2020 May: May 1 - 31
- 2020 Jun-Jul: June 1 - July 15
- 2020 August: August 1 - 31
The IAAP Certification Team reviews each application and approve eligible candidates. It may take 3-5 business days to process an application. After an application is approved a candidate record will be created and updated in the IAAP Certification database. After approval, each candidate will be sent instructions to schedule and pay for their exam.
Each IAAP Certification Application contains the following information:
- Personal information: demographic details
- Professional information: industry and work history details
- Accommodation requests and use of assistive technology (for those requesting accommodations or use of assistive technology)
- Screen reader (candidate brings their own AT to hosted or privately proctored exams)
- Screen magnification (candidate brings their own AT to hosted or privately proctored exams)
- Additional time (IAAP coordinates for both Kryterion as well as hosted or privately proctored exams. Kryterion Exam additional time requests require five business days to request and confirm the availability of extended time.)
- Sign Language interpreter (IAAP coordinates)
- Service Animal (candidate notifies IAAP)
- Assistive Listening Device (may not be available in all locations)
- Request for in-person privately proctored exam
- Attestation that you understand the terms of IAAP Certification
- Payment and price information
- Cancellation information
- Exam transfer information
- Exam retake information
- Results information
- Listing in the IAAP Professional Resource Directory
- Public inquiry and records retention policy
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
The Educational Training Database is a searchable global resource database which provides a centralized place for accessibility professionals and others to locate and access educational-related instructional materials related to accessibility.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!