2020- 2021 Call for Webinars - BE
Share Your Knowledge with the Accessibility Professional Community
IAAP invites you to submit your topics for IAAP’s 2020-2021 Professional Development Webinar Series – Built Environments
Webinar TopicsSessions should focus on accessibility topics as they relate to Universal Design (new builds and retrofitting), auditing the built environment, law, policy, standards or regulations, and best practices.
Presentations focusing on the topics below will receive preference during the selection of webinar proposals. These topics do not guarantee your selection and additional topics you feel are relevant are welcome.
- Universal Design
- Working with Persons with Disabilities and Disability Organizations
- Planning for Accessibility (short term and long-term capital planning)
- Auditing the Built Environment - practice and tools
- Accessible Wayfinding/Sign Design (within the built environment and associated public spaces)
- Fire/Life Safety requirements and accessible emergency egress/evacuation
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery
- Built environment accessibility standards, codes, and best practices
- Accessibility legislation and policies (historical buildings, specialty facilities, healthcare, federal facilities, international human rights treaties)
- Benchmarks for international accessibility and universal design
- Accessibility Reporting and Recommendations
- Effective prioritization of accessibility audit recommendations
Target AudienceTopics in this series may be of interest to anyone whose job requires accessibility awareness or competence – including but not limited to accessibility professionals, policy makers, architects, designers, engineers, accessibility auditors and others involved in the design and build of accessible built environments as well as those who implement building services, programs, and policies.
Webinars may be targeted to those new to accessibility or to those with more experience and who are looking to advance their skill levels.
Webinar FormatIAAP Professional Development webinars are 60-minute long sessions and involve sharing a slide deck (Powerpoint, PDF, or HTML) through the Zoom screen sharing option. They can also include desktop sharing of programs or resources and additional handout materials.
Submit Your TopicIAAP's webinar program provides an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your expertise and help advance the knowledge of accessibility professionals. Plus, you will receive compensation for your efforts! If you’re interested in submitting a topic for the 2020-2021 webinar series, please fill out our IAAP Call for Webinars application form by July 6, 2020.
Webinar proposals will be reviewed by the IAAP Organizational & Professional Development Committee for content and scheduling. You will be contacted as soon as possible as to the status of your submission.
If you have any questions regarding the IAAP 2020 Professional Development Webinar Series for Built Environments, or this application, please contact Tracey Shipman at email@example.com.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
The Educational Training Database is a searchable global resource database which provides a centralized place for accessibility professionals and others to locate and access educational-related instructional materials related to accessibility.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!