2020 COVID-19 Update:
IAAP's primary interest is the health, well-being, and safety of our accessibility community around the world. We are happy to work with you on your current certification application or exam reservations.
- If you would like to change your certification exam to a later exam schedule, we are happy to move your application or paid exam.
- As a precaution we do not suggest Kryterion Test Centers as an option for May and possibly June/July exam schedules.
- We have adapted our Krtyerion Online Remote proctoring to allow any installed web camera.
- Read more about testing your system for Online Remote Proctoring on our Exams Location and Format webpage.
- We have the ability to adapt our Privately Proctored exams to be home-based and adapt proctor requirements during COVID-19.
IAAP Certifications are indicators of your commitment to the accessibility profession, industry, and community.
Please follow this Certification Guide to obtaining your IAAP credentials:
- Determine if you are ready to take the exam
- Read the overview of each credential
- Review the Content Outline and Body of Knowledge to gauge your familiarity with the topics in each credential program
- Decide where and how you will take your exam
- Kryterion Online Remote Proctoring & Kryterion Test Centers (due to COVID-19 we are temporarily removing test centers as an option)
- Privately Proctored Exams
- Hosted Exams
- Accommodations and Accessibility
- Apply for the exam
- IAAP offers six exams schedules each calendar year for CPACC & WAS
- Choose a date that works for your schedule and includes six to eight weeks to study and prepare
- Explore the 2020 exam schedules
- Review the open applications
- Learn about what is on an IAAP CPACC & WAS exam application
- Pay for the exam
- Exam pricing
- Exam discounts
- Payment options
- Prepare for the exam
- Take the exam
- Exams are two-hours and include multiple-choice questions
- About IAAP Certification Exam development & results
- Learn more about exam results
- Exam results are emailed four (4) to six (6) weeks from the close of each exam schedule
- Share your credentials
- Become part of the IAAP Certified Professional Directory (opt in on application)
- Add your credential to your social media, web, and email (instructions will be emailed after test results)
- Provide your postal address to receive a printed letter of support and certificate
- Maintain your certification
- IAAP credentials require Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (CAECs)
- Read more about CPACC, WAS, and CPWA renewal requirements
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about maintaining and renewing your IAAP credential(s)
Additional Certification QuestionsContact: Samantha Evans, MBA
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!