2020 COVID-19 Update
IAAP's primary interest is the health, well-being, and safety of our accessibility community around the world. We are happy to work with you on your current certification application or exam reservations. We have created a Certification and COVID-19 webpage with full details.
May 11, 2020 Update: We are extending scheduling for exams under one application for May, June, and July.
A certification update YouTube video follows in an iframe. You can also access this certification update video directly by this YouTube link.
Certification Renewal Extensions
- January and March 2020 Renewals are extended to June 2020
- May 2020 Renewals are extended to August 2020
- Submit your Continuing Accessibilty Education Credits (CAECs) via our CAEC Online Submission Form.
A Guide To CertificationIAAP Certifications are indicators of your commitment to the accessibility profession, industry, and community.
Please follow this Certification Guide to obtaining your IAAP credentials:
- Determine if you are ready to take the exam
- Read the overview of each credential
- Review the Content Outline and Body of Knowledge to gauge your familiarity with the topics in each credential program
- Decide where and how you will take your exam
- Kryterion Online Remote Proctoring & Kryterion Test Centers (due to COVID-19 we are temporarily removing test centers as an option)
- Privately Proctored Exams
- Hosted Exams
- Accommodations and Accessibility
- Apply for the exam
- IAAP offers six exams schedules each calendar year for CPACC & WAS
- Choose a date that works for your schedule and includes six to eight weeks to study and prepare
- Explore the 2020 exam schedules
- Review the open applications
- Learn about what is on an IAAP CPACC & WAS exam application
- Pay for the exam
- Exam pricing
- Exam discounts
- Payment options
- Prepare for the exam
- Take the exam
- Exams are two-hours and include multiple-choice questions
- About IAAP Certification Exam development & results
- Learn more about exam results
- Exam results are emailed four (4) to six (6) weeks from the close of each exam schedule
- Share your credentials
- Become part of the IAAP Certified Professional Directory (opt in on application)
- Add your credential to your social media, web, and email (instructions will be emailed after test results)
- Provide your postal address to receive a printed letter of support and certificate
- Maintain your certification
- IAAP credentials require Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (CAECs)
- Read more about CPACC, WAS, and CPWA renewal requirements
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about maintaining and renewing your IAAP credential(s)
Additional Certification QuestionsContact: Samantha Evans, MBA
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!