2021 Certification Updates
Open forum drop-in sessions happen every Wednesday via Zoom. RSVP for a Certification Drop-In Session online.
- The January/Feburary Exam Session runs January 18 - February 26 with applications accepted through February 29.
- Kryterion Test Centers are open at about 50%, Kyrterion Online Remote Proctoring is available (some technical exceptions apply).
- IAAP Privately Proctored Exams are available to everyone.
- IAAP Hosted Exam Event are listed as they are organized.
A Guide To CertificationIAAP Certifications are indicators of your commitment to the accessibility profession, industry, and community.
Please follow this Certification Guide to obtaining your IAAP credentials:
- Determine if you are ready to take the exam
- Read the overview of each credential
- Review the Content Outline and Body of Knowledge to gauge your familiarity with the topics in each credential program
- Decide where and how you will take your exam
- Kryterion Online Remote Proctoring & Kryterion Test Centers (test centers are reopening)
- Privately Proctored Exams
- Hosted Exams
- Accommodations and Accessibility
- Apply for the exam
- IAAP offers six exams schedules each calendar year for CPACC & WAS
- Choose a date that works for your schedule and includes six to eight weeks to study and prepare
- Explore the 2020 exam schedules
- Review the open applications
- Learn about what is on an IAAP CPACC & WAS exam application
- Pay for the exam
- Exam pricing
- Exam discounts
- Payment options
- Prepare for the exam
- Take the exam
- Exams are two-hours and include multiple-choice questions
- About IAAP Certification Exam development & results
- Learn more about exam results
- Exam results are emailed four (4) to six (6) weeks from the close of each exam schedule
- Share your credentials
- Become part of the IAAP Certified Professional Directory (opt in on application)
- Add your credential to your social media, web, and email (instructions will be emailed after test results)
- Provide your postal address to receive a printed letter of support and certificate
- Maintain your certification
- IAAP credentials require Continuing Accessibility Education Credits (CAECs)
- Read more about CPACC, WAS, and CPWA renewal requirements
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about maintaining and renewing your IAAP credential(s)
Additional Certification QuestionsContact: Samantha Evans, CAE, MBA
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
The Educational Training Database is a searchable global resource database which provides a centralized place for accessibility professionals and others to locate and access educational-related instructional materials related to accessibility.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!