Apply to Take a Certification Exam
ApplicationRegistration for an IAAP exam is a two step process. First, each candidate will submit an application to verify eligibility for each IAAP certification. The IAAP Certification Team will review each application and approve eligible candidates. It may take 3-5 business days to process an application. Second, upon approval each candidate's record will be created and updated in the IAAP Certification database. After approval, each candidate will be sent instructions to schedule and pay for their exam.
Registration and Retake Fees
2019 Exam Windows
Step One - Submit an application.
The IAAP Certification Application contains the following information:
- Personal information
- Accommodation requests and use of assistive technology (for those requesting accommodations or use of assistive technology for the CPACC or WAS exam)
- Screen reader (candidate brings their own AT to hosted or privately proctored exams)
- Screen magnification (candidate brings their own AT to hosted or privately proctored exams)
- Additional time (IAAP coordinates for both Kryterion as well as hosted or privately proctored exams)
- Sign Language interpreter (IAAP coordinates)
- Service Animal (candidate notifies IAAP)
- Assistive Listening Device (may not be available in all locations)
- Request for in-person privately proctored exam
- Payment information
- Cancellation information
- Exam transfer information
- Exam retake information
- Results information
Use one of the following links based upon the exam you wish to take:
CPACC Exam: Open ApplicationsCPACC 2019 Jan-Feb Exam Application through February 15.
CPACC 2019 Mar-Apr Exam Application (including Anaheim, CA on March 12) Anaheim, CA through March 5; others through April 12.
CPACC 2019 Exam Application for AccessU on May 14 through May 6.
CPACC 2019 Exam Application for M-Enabling Summit on June 19 through June 12.
WAS Exams: Open Applications
WAS 2019 Jan-Feb Exam Application through February 15.
WAS 2019 Mar-Apr Exam Application (including Anaheim, CA on March 12) Anaheim, CA through March 5; others through April 12.
WAS 2019 Exam Application for AccessU on May 14 through May 6.
WAS 2019 Exam Application for M-Enabling Summit on June 19 through June 12.
Exam LocationsPrivately proctored exams - for individuals who use AT or require an accommodation, or prefer not to travel to a test center for their exam.
Hosted exam sites – for those who do use AT or require an accommodation bring your own AT enabled laptop and equipment, also available to non-AT or accommodation candidates who prefer this setting versus a Kryterion Test Center.
- AbilityNet: London, England
- Tuesday, February 19 at 10:00 AM
- Anaheim, CA - Marriott Courtyard
- Tuesday, March 12, 8 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 12, 1 p.m.
For any candidate not requiring assistive technology or accommodations, exams will be offered at Kryterion Testing Centers.
Step Two - Registration, Scheduling and PaymentUpon approval of the application, registration details are sent from the IAAP Certification Team to each eligible candidate. Registrants requesting accommodation will be responded to individually. Applicants who select Kryterion Test Centers will be sent instructions to create their account, select their test center, and pay for their exam on the IAAP Kryterion registration website. Applicants who request in-person or privately proctored exams will be sent IAAP RegOnline payment details.
First Time CPACC Exam - IAAP Member - $325
First Time CPACC Exam - Non-Member - $425
First Time CPACC Exam - Emerging and Developing Economies - $150
First Time WAS Exam - IAAP Member - $375
First Time WAS Exam - Non-Member - $475
First Time WAS Exam - Emerging and Developing Economies - $195
Retake CPACC Exam - IAAP Member - $195
Retake CPACC Exam - Non-Member - $255
Retake CPACC Exam - Emerging and Developing Economies - $90
Retake WAS Exam - IAAP Member - $215
Retake WAS Exam - Non-Member - $275
Retake WAS Exam - Emerging and Developing Economies - $95
All Retake exams must be completed within one year from the date of the original exam to be eligible for the discounted rate.
Emerging and Developing Economies Approved Country List
IAAP Membership and Certification applicant qualifications for Emerging & Developing Economies:
- Must be a citizen of a country on the Qualifying Country List (does not hold dual citizenship with a country that Is not on the list) AND is employed and residing in a country that is on the Qualifying Country list.
- Someone who is a citizen of a country on the Qualifying Country List (no dual citizenship) and going to school in a country that is not on the list could become a member under the student rate (discounted) and could gain their certification under the Emerging & Developing Country rate.
PaymentExams taken at Kryterion test centers are paid via Kryterion's website during registration and scheduling for exams. For in-person and privately proctored exams IAAP offers online payment by credit card or by check. For organizations registering multiple employees for an IAAP Certification exam we will provide an invoice for payment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for organizational or group registrations.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.