India Chapter News
On November 28, 2017, BarrierBreak held the IAAP India Chapter Roundtable to get the industry leaders together to help understand the need for Accessibility Professionals in India. The Roundtable was held in Bengaluru and was attended by 25 participants representing 16 companies.
At the Roundtable, we worked together to identify the following:
- Understanding the landscape of Accessibility
- Opportunities in Accessibility
- Challenges that they face in Implementing and Adopting Accessibility
- Strategies that we can adopt on working towards implementing Accessibility
Plans for 2018:
- Presentations Decks to be shared
- Target Executive Council Awareness (Indian Timeline & Law included)
- Introductory presentation on training for developers
- Learning Sessions
- 4 in person
- 6 in webinar
- Key event on Accessibility in India
We look forward to working with organizations to build the IAAP India Chapter. If you have an India team or an outsourcing partner in India, please have them reach out to the IAAP India Chapter and engage with us.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!