Job Posting / Request for Proposal: IT Developer, Accessibility Tester
Project Name / Description:
Company Name: International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP)
Address: 6300 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 600-300, Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Procurement Contact Person: Christopher Lee
Telephone Number: +1-941-254-1797
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) is to define, promote and improve the accessibility profession globally through networking, education and certification in order to enable the creation of accessible products, content and services.
IAAP is a division of G3ict, whose mission is to promote the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the Digital Age.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
IAAP is seeking the services of a 20-hour per week informational technologies (IT) accessibility developer and tester to work with staff to develop, execute and maintain the organizations IT operational and strategic plan. The selected firm or individual will be responsible for leading IAAP/G3ict internal and external IT initiatives. Job responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
Evaluation and prioritization of internal and third-party applications for usability, integration, automation and accessibility
- Review of IAAP and G3ict current applications and of their evolving/future needs
- Identification of potential accessible replacement systems
- Development of plan for implementation
Phase IIExecute plan for replacement which could include the following or oversight of sub-contractors for the following:
- Website design, development, and maintenance
- Integration of solutions: Selection of SAS platforms and programming of APIs and/or design and development of internal databases
- Accessibility and usability testing on internal and external vendor applications
- Support the IAAP/G3ict team with IT related technical issues
Anticipated Selection Schedule
The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
Request for RFP: November 8, 2018
Deadline for bidders to submit questions: November 16, 2018
Responds to bidder questions: November 21, 2018
Bidder submission deadline: November 30, 2018
Bidder interviews: December 3rd through 7th, 2018
Selection of bidder /notification to unsuccessful bidders: December 10, 2018
Contract award start date: December 17, 2018
Contract term: TBD
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
The RFP will be posted on the IAAP website on November 8, 2018.
Respondents to this RFP must fill out web form proposal and submit qualifications documentation. Responses must be received no later than November 30, 2018.
Submit your proposal for IT Developer / Accessibility Tester using this on-line submission form.
The contract is expected to be ongoing based on work initiatives.
Elements of Proposal
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- Description statement of the organization(s) or individual(s) who will execute this contract that contains a general overview, name(s) and credentials.
- A one-page narrative outlining the strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they relate to qualification.
- Description of accessibility skills, credentials, the methodology for testing, and remediation.
- Two samples of work (e.g., URL’s, code or documents).
QualificationsQualified candidates preferred experience in:
- Programming knowledge/skills include following the W3c-WIA web accessibility guidelines wireframe/layout, HTML, CSS, WAI-ARIA object-oriented programming languages like Ruby, Python or PHP or other programming skills
- Manual web/mobile applications usability testing and evaluation
- Automated web/applications accessibility usability testing
- User experience design
- Digital document accessibility
- Assistive technology testing software
CostsThe contract will be paid on a monthly retainer basis.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.