Terms and Code of Conduct
IAAP Membership Agreement
This document sets the terms and code of conduct expected of all members of the IAAP and is a condition of membership. It applies to all members, irrespective of their membership type, the role they fulfil, or the jurisdiction in which they live or work.
All members of the IAAP must abide by the following rules:
- should uphold the reputation and good standing of IAAP;
- should refrain from using offensive or inappropriate language on all IAAP related communications and social collaboration tools,
- must act with integrity and respect others, value alternative points of view;
- must act within the boundaries of relevant legislation;
- must act in the general interest and must not use their position to unfairly benefit themselves, their employers, or others;
- must promptly pay membership fees as part of continued membership;
- will take the necessary steps to ensure that their contributions of content are made according to accessibility standards;
- will not commit the IAAP in any way unless authorized to do so;
- will not make any statement on behalf of IAAP or purport to represent IAAP through any public medium, including digital social media, unless authorized to do so by IAAP; and
- must reject and will not make any offer of bribery or unethical inducement.
Should a member fail to meet the conditions in this Code of Conduct, IAAP may, at its sole discretion, decide on the appropriate action to take.
As a member of IAAP, you agree that IAAP can maintain your contact information in the IAAP database and use it for purposes of communication related to IAAP membership, programs, conferences, IAAP Chapter activity, eligibility for IAAP discounts, and other IAAP related business.
IAAP reserves the right to update this Membership Agreement.
By applying for membership to IAAP you indicate that you have accepted and will abide by the Membership Terms and Code of Conduct as published from time to time.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!