IAAP international chapters/Representatives’ mission is to promote the accessibility profession in their respective jurisdictions by conducting awareness raising events, promoting IAAP membership and the IAAP training and certification programs.
IAAP international chapters are non-incorporated groups of IAAP members. Each chapter is led by a representative leader appointed by the IAAP Global Leadership Council. Each chapter leader is responsible to coordinate the activities of the chapter, invite local interested members to participate in the IAAP Country Chapter Council and to provide feedback and guidance to IAAP headquarters regarding local members needs and interests.
IAAP international representatives are organizations with an interest in advancing the accessibility profession within their respective geography. They are appointed by the IAAP to promote the programs of IAAP including training and certification.
Each chapter should organize its activities based upon local conditions. IAAP makes available to IAAP chapters a dedicated section in its social collaboration platform “IAAP Connections” to facilitate exchanges and announcements among country chapter members. Chapter activities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining a Chapter web page on the IAAP web site listing local activities
- Organizing at least three meetings annually on matters of accessibility for IAAP members and prospective members to share common interests and experiences
- Speaking on behalf of IAAP at local and national events
- Providing information to prospective members interested in joining IAAP
- Advising IAAP management on the organization and promotion of IAAP activities including training and certification exams in-country
Individuals and organizations wishing to become a member of an IAAP Chapter must first join the IAAP through the Membership sign-up form.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.
Through use of IAAP Connections, you can join an existing discussion or even start your own. You can also blog, upload resources to libraries and join some of our committees.
Get involved today.
Make IAAP a strong community.
Find out more about the IAAP Career Center!