IAAP Approved Certification Preparation ProvidersThe IAAP does not currently offer an "official" IAAP certification preparation training curriculum, however, the IAAP does provide existing third-party organizations the opportunity to become an IAAP approved certification preparation provider. The IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Provider Program is a partnership between the IAAP and adult education programs to assist in preparing candidates for the IAAP professional certification exam. IAAP approved certification preparation programs teach to the knowledge and skills included on the exam content outline and are essential for practice as a certified professional in the accessibility industry.*
By becoming an IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Provider, your organization will display its commitment to delivering high quality education and training for exam candidates. IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Providers are required to demonstrate compliance in their programs with all areas of the exam content outline.
Current Approved Certification Preparation Providers
Application RequirementsAll IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Providers must be IAAP Members and complete a formal application. Applications will be thoroughly reviewed by the IAAP Certification Committee and must meet all requirements.
All applications must include the following information for submission:
- Course Description: As listed in any advertising and/or promotional materials
- Course Objectives: Measurable learning objectives for the course that will be disclosed to learners
- Content Outline and Course Syllabus: Content outline must include all domains included on the exam content outline.
- Lead Faculty/Course Instructor Name and Credentials (See below for more information)
- Course Instructor CVs
- Number of Hours for Entire Course Completion
- Course Schedule: Dates and time of the course
- Prerequisites for the course (if applicable)
- Date of most recent revision to the course design
- Presentation and Course Materials
- Number of anticipated course participants enrolled in course annually
- Annual Revenue: See below chart for details
All application information submitted is for review purposes only and will be kept confidential by IAAP.
Course Instructor RequirementsAll instructors must possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the accessibility industry with demonstrated experience teaching course work in accessibility including web design, software engineering, hardware engineering, consumer and industrial product design, transportation, architecture and the built environment, online learning and educational accommodations.
Each approved program must ensure that their instructors have the requisite set of knowledge and skills to teach the curriculum as indicated by both years of experience and level of education.
Benefits of IAAP Approved Certification Preparation ProvidersAll IAAP Approved Certification Preparation Providers receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to position your organization as a registered IAAP Certification Preparation Provider
- Ability to use the IAAP Certification Preparation Provider logo on your website and in promotional materials to denote your partnership with IAAP
- Recognition on the IAAP website which will list your course schedule and links to your organization’s website
- Access to IAAP certification resources and the IAAP Headquarters team to help answer your questions and your students’ questions regarding the certification program.
FeesFees are based on the following levels of anticipated Annual Educational Revenue. Fees are paid annually to IAAP:
$10,000 or less
- Annual Fee*: $750
- Annual Fee**: $1,000
- Annual Fee*: $2,500
- Annual Fee*: $3,500
- Annual Fee*: $5,000
*Paid to IAAP and all fees in US dollars.
What will make our profession strong is having you as a member. Regardless of your knowledge level in accessibility, we all play a role in growing this profession. Help guide us to being a great professional association serving our diverse needs.